- Negotiate and formalize retention or liquidation workout solutions with defaulted borrowers, in an effort to avoid the completion of foreclosure and to mitigate loss to the borrower, company in accordance with federal, state and local regulations in addition to PNMAC policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and finalize specific terms of retention or liquidation workout solution with borrower.
- Analyze financial statements, loan documentation and other relevant data to determine best workout solution.
- Conduct gain/loss analysis on loans to project any potential future loss versus the acceptance of a short sale, deed in lieu, or cash for keys.
- Facilitate disposition efforts with borrowers, loan officers, attorneys, real estate agents, title companies and/or other third parties. Follow up as needed to ensure closure of approved deals.
- Educate and counsel borrower on workout options and the implication of each option.
- Obtain transaction approval by preparing deal package for management review. Present liquidation offers that may result in a loss to management that will result in the maximum return for the company/investor.
- Maintain current status of each deal in loan servicing system; provide updates to management as needed; and gather documents for investor reporting.
- Initiate contact with customers who have defaulted on their mortgages. Contact is made through phone calls.
- Identify and attempt to resolve reasons for delinquency.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- First and second mortgage lien experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to make decisions independently within set policies and procedures
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
Years of Experience:
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed